Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back!


Just returned from a two-week Southwestern adventure...and will be updating with some new art over the next few weeks! Lots of cactus research was accomplished as well as a day of traveling into the depths of Inner Earth. Much inspiration was achieved. Not only that but upon delving deep into the shelves of an old paperback palace, I found, lying there amongst the paper bones of its forgotten brethren, a flawless copy of Jack Vance's The Dying Earth.

I also realized that I had left out a panel from the previous Insect Children series. If you look now, at the article below, you'll see it wedged in place between the meeting of Xarnagan and him hypnotizing his burrowing owl construct.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover art on that Pocket edition of Dying Earth!

    What kind of cactus research were you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite covers to that book. I'll be posting another sweet Jack Vance cover pretty soon.

    Oh, I had planted some gardens back in Albuquerque and was able to check them out for the first time in several years. I also ended up at the New Mexico Cactus and Succulent Society's annual show. Amazing variety!

    ReplyDelete